The Dataw Difference
Whether your idea of paradise comprises social activities, clubs, wellness, history, nature, art, and voluntarism or gathering with friends on the porch, Dataw Island charms all who visit.
Dataw has been recognized as a top community in South Carolina as one of the top retirement communities. The golf and tennis facilities are award winning. Dataw has also been voted a top wedding venue.
A Golfer’s Dream
Dataw, recognized as one of the premier golf communities on the East Coast, has two championship golf courses that combine dense tree canopies and stunning views along the waterways.
Homes in Dataw IslandSearch now
Homesites in Dataw IslandSearch now
Condos & Villas in Dataw IslandSearch now
All Listings in Dataw IslandSearch now
- 2 Championship Golf Courses by Tom Fazio and Arthur Hills
- 8 Har-Tru Tennis Courts
- Marina with Deep Water Slips and Dry Storage
- 16,000 Square-Foot Fitness and Community Center
- Indoor and Outdoor Pools
- 2 Regulation Croquet Courts
- Newly Renovated & Expanded 25,000 Square Foot Clubhouse
- Just 6 miles from Downtown Beaufort, SC
- 24-Hour Security
- Gated Community
- Community Docks
- Well-Stocked Ponds Ideal for Fishing
- Clubhouse with 25,000 sqft of Dining, Pro-Shop and more
- Located on an 870 acre Private Island with Lush Surroundings
- Homes from $250,000 up to $2 million
Dataw Island, located just outside Beaufort, South Carolina, encompasses a life of privacy and luxury. Recognized as one of the top coastal residential communities in the Southeast, this secluded 870-acre gated community is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, Intracoastal Waterway, and lush marshes. With two of the finest golf courses in the region, elegant dining, and an active lifestyle, Dataw offers residents the best in Lowcountry living. Located within a 12-minute drive of historic Beaufort, In the midst of South Carolina’s Lowcountry is Dataw Island. Surrounded by pristine tidal waters and salt marshes Dataw’s water resources are abundant and unspoiled. For years writers, poets, naturalists and romantic have tried to describe the Carolina Lowcountry.
View our resources page for more information on Dataw Island utilities.
Homes for sale? Explore properties like a pro.Start Right Now